Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Snake Named Fluffy

***This is a true story***
I was in fourth grade, and my best friend since second grade was moving. it was her last day at the school, so of course we were running around like madwomen.
There were three of us. For their privacy, the one who was moving away was Z. The one who was staying was K.
Z was a crazy little girl. She asked strange questions in class, she never got embarrassed or uncomfortable, and her hair was in a permanent bob.
K was more quiet. She was the animal lover. She lived on a farm (sort of), she was always drawing something, and she was super intense sometimes.
I, however, was the nerdiest nerd of them all. I was the girliest one, but I was also the one who was accepted by everyone else.
K and Z were the oddballs of my class. They had other friends, but their other friends were also outcasts. I was the one who didn't need to be friends with them at first, but I think I ended needing the group the most. Yes, I was accepted, but I was a loner. I didn't fit in, I just didn't stand out.
So, it was Z's last day at the school. K and I were carrying her around, laughing and crying hysterically. We heard a shout, and decided to see what it was about. We walked over to a tree on the corner of the grass area of the playground, and there was a green bullsnake. Sadly, that was the most exciting thing of the day, but it was something.
Z, of course, being the person she was, named the snake Fluffy. Only she would name a snake Fluffy, and say it with a completely straight face.

No comments:

Post a Comment